Do you grind your teeth?
Teeth grinding is a common dental concern that can negatively impact your smile if you don’t receive treatment. Most patients don’t even realize they grind their teeth until they visit the dentist. So it important to schedule routine dental checkups to maintain a healthy smile. Teeth grinding can be caused by issues like stress, an underlying bite disorder, or a misaligned smile. Holladay, UT dentist Dr. Val Ludlow has over 35 years of dentistry experience identifying and treating patients with a variety of dental concerns. Dr. Ludlow can spot signs of teeth grinding during your routine preventive care exam. If necessary, Dr. Ludlow can develop a treatment plan that addresses all your dental needs.
About Teeth Grinding
Knowing the signs of teeth grinding can help you get the care you need. If you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms, you may want to schedule a visit with Dr. Ludlow.
Signs of Teeth Grinding
- Worn teeth
- Jaw popping or clicking
- Difficulty chewing
- Damaged, cracked or chipped teeth
- Jaw pain
- Frequent headaches (especially in the morning)
- Ear pain or popping
With the use of advanced technology, Dr. Ludlow can plan an effective treatment that addresses your dental issues. Dr. Ludlow uses the TruDenta system for a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of teeth grinding and other bite disorders. TruDenta is used to analyze the force of the bite and any tension in the jaw, head, or neck area. After a thorough analysis is complete, Dr. Ludlow may suggest one or more of these treatments to improve your smile.
Treat Teeth Grinding:
- Orthodontics: If your teeth grinding is the result of a misaligned or crooked teeth, orthodontics may be the best option for you. Dr. Ludlow may work in coordination with a local orthodontist to plan your treatment.
- Mouth guards or splint therapy: A custom-made dental appliance that can gently reposition and relax the jaw to minimize teeth grinding.
- Restorative dentistry: Dental crowns, veneers and tooth bonding.
Schedule An Appointment
If you suspect you may be experiencing teeth grinding, or you are due for a preventive care exam, contact Holladay Dental Excellence. Dr. Ludlow offers exceptional, patient-focused dental care in Holladay, UT. If you need to schedule an appointment, contact our Holladay, UT dental office or schedule an appointment online.